Lime Marinated Chicken With Salsa
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 Tbsp lime juice
4 lime wedges for garnish
2 Tbsp olive oil
1¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp kosher salt
3 med tomatoes, chopped
½ avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped (omit for Phase 2)
½ c chopped sweet onion, such as vidalia
½ c chopped cilantro
4 sprigs for garnish
1 sm jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped (wear plastic gloves when handling)
1. PUT chicken into large zip top plastic bag.
2. WHISK lime juice, oil, cumin, and salt in a small bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons of lime marinade to medium glass bowl for the salsa, and cover with plastic wrap. Pour remaining marinade over chicken and squeeze bag to coat. Let chicken marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour.
3. COAT grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Preheat grill (to medium high) or broiler. Grill or broil marinated chicken 6½ minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160ºF and juices run clear.
4. ADD tomatoes, avocado, onion, cilantro, and pepper to bowl with reserved marinade while the chicken cooks. Gently toss to mix, and season to taste with salt.
5. PLACE chicken onto 4 plates and top each with ¾ cup salsa to serve. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.