Twisted Tuna Salad
- 4 5-ounce cans solid white albacore tuna (in water), drained very well
- ½ cup finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 to 12 turns freshly ground black pepper
Drain the canned tuna very well. Dump in to a large mixing bowl and set aside. Use the food processor with the chopping blade to process the following ingredients individually (carrot, celery, parsley, red onion and scallion. Make sure to measure after chopping so you get the correct amount of each ingredient. Add to bowl with tuna along with small clove garlic (crushed), mayonnaise, salt and pepper.
Use a fork to gently mash any very large chunks of tuna and mix all of the ingredients together. Serve cold and Enjoy!